Customers can now order and pay online for BOUNTY BOXES that will be picked up curbside beginning April 11.
In addition, the following measures were announced in late February by the AGRICULTURAL INSTITUTE OF MARIN and implemented beginning with the Grand Lake Market on February 28. They are designed to ensure compliance with CDPH guidelines for social distancing while ensuring our community members can buy essential groceries in an open-air environment from local farmers.
- Only farmers, ranchers, fishers, food makers, and essential household producers are participating at markets currently.
- All market booths are spaced further apart, and producers may have new temporary locations to maximize space.
- No music, entertainment, or kids activities are allowed.
- No tables and chairs are provided on-site to keep everyone in transit, and all prepared food is served to go.
Market Safety and Hygiene:
- Hand washing and hand sanitizing stations are located through the market.
- All sampling is suspended.
- Shoppers may not touch produce or other products prior to purchase. Farmers or producers will hand shoppers the product, or drop it into your shopping bag.
- If a producer accepts credit cards, please pay with this option. For cash transactions, please try to pay with exact change. If change is needed, please exchange currency on the table or counter.
- To protect others, stay home if you are sick. If you are sick and in public, please wear a facemask when you are around others.
- Producers and shoppers are directed to maintain 6-foot distancing at all times.
- Note: We recommend only 1 person per household attend the market; however, families and immediate household members shopping together can be closer than 6 feet. Parents should keep children closer than 6 feet.
- Please limit your visit to no more than 30 minutes.
- If at any time AIM Managers believe the market has too many shoppers on site to maintain social distancing, market entry and exit will be limited and tracked.
- Please watch AIM’s new safety video with guidance on shopping the farmers market for essential groceries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPx8yXLuzwI.
- AIM is requesting additional volunteers to help with monitoring social distance. If you are under age 65 and able to volunteer, please contact Will Finnie via THIS LINK.
- AIM continues to accept CalFresh/EBT, offers a $10 Market Match for fruits and vegetables, and redeems Senior Bonus Bucks distributed by Mercy Housing.
The Best in the East Bay, the Grand Lake Farmers Market is a Saturday morning institution.
The Grand Lake Market had limited potential when it opened in the parking lot under Highway 580 circa 1998. The dedication of the new Splash Pad Park in 2003, however, provided the ideal setting for an event that quickly evolved into a Saturday morning institution that’s helped make the adjacent Grand Lake commercial district an even more vibrant shopping and dining destination.
Visitors will typically find live entertainment, a kid’s bounce house and approximately 100 vendors offering produce, prepared foods and arts and crafts. Year-round hours are 9 AM to 2 PM. We recommend AC Transit, walking or biking but a limited amount of metered parking is generally available in the parking lot under the freeway for $2 per hour and there’s also free parking in the school playground across the street on Grand Avenue.
This is one of seven markets managed by the Agricultural Institute of Marin–a non-profit agency enabling growers to sell certified, farm-fresh produce directly to consumers. The Grand Lake Farmers Market Manager, Dan Foster, can usually be found in the Information Booth at the Saturday market. Alternatively, phone 800 897-FARM.
Applications for vendors and entertainers are available on the AIM website.
J & J RAMOS
FEATHER RIVER FARMS
DEL REAL DATES
LUCERO ORGANIC FARMS
GASCON FAMILY FARM
INZANA RANCH & PRODUCE
FERAL HEART FARM
E & H FARMS
Hollister and Gustine
TOSCANO FAMILY FARM
HAPPY BOY FARMS
TOMATERO ORGANIC FARM
COUNTY LINE HARVEST
LUCERO ORGANIC FARMS
MEATS & SEAFOOD
FLOWERS & PLANTS
WESTERN SUN FLORAL
Half Moon Bay
CRANE CREEK GROWERS
NICASIO VALLEY CHEESE
PT. REYES FARMSTEAD CHEESE
AFFI’S MARIN GOURMET
GOOD FAITH FARM
HOME MAID RAVIOLI
South San Francisco
MOTHERS KNOW BEST
Huckleberry Jams and Jellies
BIG PAW OILS & VINEGARS
MARSHALL’S FARM HONEY
THE CHAGA COMPANY
LUCKY DOG HOT SAUCE
OYNA NATURAL FOODS
PREPARED FOODS & DRINKS
TRU GOURMET DIM SUM
LA CASCADA TAQUERIA
UHURU MARKET CAFE
NATIVE JUICE CO.