by Dan Foster
- Change the date to view the folks expected to attend on that given date (or who attended on a past date) – please note, the map is updated as new information comes in, so if you look at upcoming weeks, it might not be totally accurate.
- Type in the search bar to find specific vendors or products
- Click on a vendor’s location to view their public profile (this includes dates of planned attendance, contact info, pictures, and more)
- Flatbread Queen (Bolani) – Authentic Afghani flatbread and sauces with options for all diets. Billal Sidiq is one of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet, and he’s the guy who volunteered last month to help with the deck repairs. Find them in the plaza near the info booth and try a sample!
- Solorios Organics – Organic 6.5-acre farm from Watsonville selling row crops, berries, and melons — brand new at the Grand Lake Market.
- White, yellow, and bi-color corn from Brentwood! You can find it at G&S, under the freeway next to Solano Mushrooms.
- Blueberries from Rainbow Orchards – their crop just came in and tastes great!
- Stone Fruit is in full swing – try it all at Kashiwase, Twin Girls, Sunnyland, Feather River, Balakian, J&J. ‘Nuff said.
New Market Participant Pipeline (these folks are confirmed to join but we do not have a firm start date yet):
- Tha MF’n Vegan – creating Smack’n Nourishing Plant-Powered/Vegan food and beverages. We are bringing a new look, new style, and new taste to healthy! Our menu is food allergy friendly (soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free options), and we make our meat alternative (jackfruit) in house as well. We source the majority of our produce from local farmers (organic/pesticide-free), and we know that you don’t have to compromise taste for nutritional value and vice versa. Starting 7/2!
- kubé – a Black woman-owned, vegan, artisanal, full-fat coconut ice cream womanfacturer and social enterprise in Oakland, California. We produce our own full-fat, coconut cream by cold-pressing organic mature coconuts to make the BEST TASTING and most luxurious, creamy, and vibrant creamy vegan ice cream. We only use real mama earth seeds, fruit, roots, espresso, and citrus oils to make the most clean and vibrant flavors. No synthetic chemicals (no sodium metabisulfite), no artificial flavors or colors, no soy, and no gluten. Starting 7/9!
- Annie’s T Cakes – Asian American, woman-owned snack company creating vegan, East Asian treats. Starting 7/9!
- Juicy Bottle Service – cold pressed, small batch bottled juices
- Oya Organics – organic farm from Hollister selling row crops and a variety of value-added items made from their crops. Starting 7/9!
- Kayma Foods – Algerian wife‑and‑husband‑owned eatery that welcomes you with halal North African fare with Bedouin, Berber, Mediterranean, and French influences—such as hearty and flavorful soups and sandwiches, grilled chicken, and baklawa.
- Encina Farms – dedicated to growing Iberico hogs with the utmost attention paid to quality standards and leveraging new practices with no hormones or antibiotics. We incorporate traditional Spanish practices and methods, such as finishing our hogs on a diet of acorns to improve the flavor and nutritional profile. The richer, more complex and interesting flavor truly differentiates our product from what else you find on the market.
- Silver Sky Ranch – a brother-owned ranching operation focused on pastured proteins. We raise cattle for beef, sheep for lamb, and chickens for egg and meat.
- Mill Valley Pasta Co. – makes small batch artisan bronze- and brass-cut pastas and various products meant to adorn or accompany pasta. Our pastas are made with organic semolina (gluten-free pasta is also available) and are slowly dried in open-air for superior bite and texture. Our provisions are made with local ingredients, often sourced from the local farms that also vend at the markets we attend. Our fresh pastas are made only hours before they make their way to market and feature unique flavors highlighting both the chef’s inspiration, seasonality, and locally available products.
- Rize Up Bakery – a fledgling San Francisco-based, Black-owned bakery focused on reinventing and rethinking traditional sourdough. Rize Up started as a quarantine project in Spring 2020, born in response to the social unrest caused by the murder of George Floyd and the disparate impact of the pandemic on the Black community. Founder Azikiwee Anderson was overcome with a need to make a difference and hopefully inspire young Black and Brown bakers to think outside the traditional box as representation matters . Rize Up wants to change the world one loaf of beautiful and thoughtful bread at a time, and share our love of delicious, thoughtfully baked breads made with natural, organic , sustainable, high quality ingredients! Honored to feed your soul.
- Dooryard Provisions – a small batch, locally packaged food business focusing on seasonal and hand-foraged foods. Choose between local seaweeds, herbal tisanes, healing spice blends, and provisions for your journey or every day. Dooryard Provisions uses all organic ingredients and focuses on using seasonal, foraged and gleaned foods as well as sourcing from local farmers throughout Sonoma and Marin counties.
- Brundo Spice Company – an Ethiopian women-owned company that prioritizes sustainable and equitable business practices, from our farm to your kitchen. From Modjo, to North Oakland, to you — we are committed to bringing the highest quality goods from Ethiopia and show the world the beauty of East African cuisine through heirloom spices and herbs. All of our products are imported directly from our processing facility in Modjo, Ethiopia, where they are locally grown, harvested, sun-dried, and blended.
Dan Foster has been a market manager with AIM since 2017 and is currently managing the Grand Lake Oakland Farmers Markets. Prior to his time with AIM, Dan spent eleven years in produce/retail management at Whole Foods Market. Dan lives in Novato with his wife and three daughters. He studied Music Business/Management at Berklee College of Music in Boston. In his free time, he makes music, plays games, or hoops it up in a local basketball rec league.