by Dan Foster
Market Manager Picks:
- Fogline Farm– Marinated chicken. They have high quality, humanely raised chicken that comes in delicious marinades. Relatively new vendor – please check them out if you haven’t!
- Lifefood Gardens – Micro Greens! These are nutrient packed greens that go easily in salads, sandwiches, smoothies, or as garnishes. Delicious and versatile – try them!
- Here & There – Brand new vendor with breakfast sandwiches and much more. The brisket sandwich is particularly amazing.
Artisan Lineup:March 5: Maclean Screen Printing, Latisha Baker Artworks, Give Fleece a Chance, Circular Bodies, Sweat Treat Body Care, Courtney Collection, North Bay Candleworks, Home Right Online, Jade’s Jewels, Phyllis Emelda & Co.March 13: 8am Fashion, EmmyLou Farr, Moonshadows, Home Right Online, Jade’s Jewels, Summer Solace, Phyllis Emelda, Birgitt HellemannMarch 20: Latisha Baker Artworks, Give Fleece a Chance, Circular Bodies, Sweat Treat Body Care, Courtney Collection, JF Pottery, Jade’s Jewels, Rachel Levy-Bencheton, Phyllis Emelda, Chris Granillo, Birgitt HellemannMarch 27: North Bay Candleworks, Moonshadows, Home Right Online, Jade’s Jewels, Summer Solace, Phyllis Emelda
New Vendors in the Pipeline:
- Xulo – handmade tortillas
- Juicy Bottle Service – cold pressed, small batch bottled juices
- Donut Petit – gourmet donuts with vegan and gluten free options
- Oya Organics -organic farm from Hollister selling row crops and a variety of value-added items made from their cropsReturning Vendors:None at this time
Out temporarily:Early Bird Farm and MillCollardz by SoulAricham ArtisanLa CascadaSquabish PretzelsHappy Quail FarmsStone Root
Home MaidOut for Season:
Pang Yang FarmsFeather River FarmsSunnylandG & S CornKashiwasePeach FarmLuceroTriple Delight BlueberriesGotelli CherriesFenella’s BerriesBalakianRaised Roots
Poppy Bagels will be moving into a brick and mortar later this year and will be unable to continue at the market. While we are sad to see them go, this is one of the main purposes of our markets: incubating small businesses and allowing them to start with much less overhead and grow into a physical space. We are so excited for Poppy Bagels and appreciate all of the meals they have provided over the past year and a half. They are expecting a late Summer/early Fall start at their storefront at 5004 Telegraph, but for the time-being, you can still get their awesome bagels here at the Grand Lake Market.
Dan Foster has been a market manager with AIM since 2017 and is currently managing the Grand Lake Oakland Farmers Markets. Prior to his time with AIM, Dan spent eleven years in produce/retail management at Whole Foods Market. Dan lives in Novato with his wife and two (soon to be three) daughters. Dan studied Music Business/Management at Berklee College of Music in Boston. In his free time, he makes music, plays games, or hoops it up in a local basketball rec league.