by Dan Foster
- Bowl’d Acai has returned from their hiatus and will be present weekly.
- G & S has been in for a few weeks now with corn.
- Rainbow Orchards is back with blueberries and apple cider.
- I expect Green Produce to return during the month of July.
- Gotelli (cherries) is done for the season.
- Sadly, our gluten-free bakery, Flour Chylde, has decided to stop attending the market.
If you know of any Oakland-based gluten-free bakeries interested in joining the market, please encourage them to apply via our website: agriculturalinstitute.org. They can also reach out to me directly if they have questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- My favorite thing this past week was mulberries from Inzana Ranch. If you have never tried these, you are missing out!
- Watermelons are starting to pop up. Feather River should have them soon, and I just had some great minis from Zuckermans.
July 3 – Tony Martinez Trio – Latin Jazz + JF Pottery, Moonshadows, Birgitt Hellemann, Latisha Baker Artworks, Jades Jewelry, Chris Granillo Art, Summer Solace Tallow, Tatewari, Demby Co.
Dan Foster has been a market manager with AIM since 2017 and is currently managing the Grand Lake Oakland Farmers Markets. Prior to his time with AIM, Dan spent eleven years in produce/retail management at Whole Foods Market. Dan lives in Novato with his wife and two (soon to be three) daughters. Dan studied Music Business/Management at Berklee College of Music in Boston. In his free time, he makes music, plays games, or hoops it up in a local basketball rec league.