- New hours for browsing will be 10 am–7 pm every day beginning December 1st.
- Rare Book Room (where the Splash Pad Neighborhood Forum held its very first meeting in 1999) open Noon – 5 pm Friday through Monday.
- Now carrying popular adult board games and puzzles, which have witnessed a revival due to folks sheltering in place.
- Finally, they will resume buying and trading used books beginning January 5.
- Store is open for in-store sales Wednesdays thru Saturdays 12–7 p.m. and Sundays 12–5 pm. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- In compliance with guidelines set by the county, the limit is one customer or family at a time inside the store.
- Seasonal chocolates will be available starting this weekend.
New on the Menu: A Cranberry Orange Scone with toasted Pecans which is a timely addition to the scones featured in last month’s rave review in the East Bay Express.
Open Saturdays and Sundays from 9am–3pm for the next three weekends. Limited number of customers allowed inside, but you can also order and pay online and have your purchase carried out to your car.
Closed December 26 and 27 for Christmas weekend and January 2 and 3 for New Years weekend.
In January, they will continue to be open Saturdays and Sundays only on the same schedule. Unfortunately since they haven’t received any governmental assistance through grants or forgiveable PPP loans, they are having a hard time planning for 2021.
Now open Saturdays from 11 am – 4 pm.
Co-owners Kori Saika Chen and Jessica Moncada Konte asked us to share the following message:
“We want to extend a big thank you to Splash Pad News readers for supporting us through these challenging times. We have been open for about five months now and despite everything, we are thriving and excited about the future. We will be available for safely distanced in-store shopping throughout December for all your beverage needs, and please feel free to visit our online store to place orders and beat the lines. Also, please visit the “Events” page on our website to learn about weekly special meal pick-up collaborations we will be hosting throughout the holiday season with folks like Pietisserie, Rintaro, Reem’s, and Last Supper Society. Wishing everyone health and safety this holiday season!”