by Market Manager, Dan Foster
- Oakland’s own Red Bay Coffee will be joining the market starting next Saturday, November 7. Look for their truck on Lake Park Avenue.
- County Line Harvest is returning to the market on October 31 with produce from their farm in Thermal.
- Sunnyland Orchards (nee: EGB Farms) is also returning to the market on October 31.
- If you haven’t yet tried Aricham Artisans incredible Moroccan Pastries, you are in for a treat! Come find them in the center aisle across from J&J Farms.
- Did you know we now have Organic A2A2 milk and yogurt from Alexandre Family Farm? Find them across from J & J Farms.
- Sadly, Native Co will be closing their doors and no longer juicing at the Grand Lake Market. They got their start with AIM markets many years ago. The hardship caused by Covid was too much for them to overcome despite their diligent efforts.
The Bounty Boxes from AIM have been a critical lifeline for families because there are very few food supports on weekends. Not only do residents in need such as seniors, families with young children and Covid-positive households, get a box of produce delivered on a Saturday after, but they are getting the freshest vegetables and fruits picked within the last 24 hours.
For more information about the Bounty Box program including the number of boxes that have donated to local nonprofits and sold half price to EBT card holders, check out this interview with AIM CEO Andy Naja-Riese – the second in a series of Bounty Box videos.