Nine Grand Avenue businesses will be providing gallery space through the month of November for select artists. The First Thursdays art walk from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. typically includes artist’s receptions and refreshments. Details for each gallery are listed below and latest updates are provided on the First Thursdays on Grand Website. A printable list of galleries and businesses offering special discounts (when you have your hand stamped at a participating gallery) is available HERE.
- Studio Grand will continue its show of Teri Saul paintings from her Water and Bicycle series. Teri will be present to meet and greet studio visitors from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. An intimate performance will begin at 9:00 p.m. featuring songwriter Diana Gameros followed by the Patrick Wolff Trio. More details are available at this link.
- Jaujou Studio will continue its show of paintings by Luis Aguilera who has been participating in the Creative Growth Arts program since 1997. Treats will be served along with a 15% discount on all merchandise.
- Better Homes and Gardens will be hosting “Illuminating Moments” – a retrospective exhibit of nature photography by the late Don Hazen – curated by his wife, Mollie. Refreshments will be served.
- “Lines” – an exhibit of large-format photographs by Shane Gidcumb will debut at Panorama Framing on November 7th. A preview of the artist’s work is posted on the Panorama web site and they will be hosting a reception for the artist on November 7th and also for the First Thursday in December.
- Galleria Scola will be featuring new assemblages by gallery owner, Elida Scola. Music will be provided outside by Harry Best and his steel drums. Inside, Micah will be pouring your choice of wine or rum and cokes.
- Rebooty, will be showcasing the incredibly creative lamps made by 4 F Lighting’s Leslie Tilley who will be present during event hours. Sangria and snacks will be served.
- Kingman’s Lucky Lounge is currently exhibiting the works of five different artists through Halloween and a new show has not yet been announced. On First Thursdays, Lucky Lounge pours half-price beers, wine and well drinks from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. for art walk participants.
- Urban Furniture will be exhibiting screen prints by Craig Baxter mostly depicting vintage neon signs here in Oakland. Between 6:00 – 9:00 p.m., meet the artist; partake of refreshments and take advantage of a 15% discount on all merchandise in the store and boutique.
- The Keegan Luttrell show at Backstock Gallery has closed and a new show has not, as yet, been announced.